The Blue Ridge Pottery Club is passionate about hand-painted pottery! Blue Ridge Pottery was once made in Erwin Tennessee by Southern Potteries Incorporated in the early to mid-twentieth century. The Carolina, Clinchfield, and Ohio Railroad selected Erwin, TN in 1916 for the Southern Potteries plant. They started their operation in 1917 and closed their plant in 1957. The railway company delivered supplies to the plant and also shipped finished Blue Ridge Pottery to famous department stores throughout the north and south. The railway company installed a spur directly over to the pottery for their convenience. The US Post Office also opened a branch office inside the pottery due to the heavy amount of pottery being mailed out.
Our club members enjoy meeting once a month, April thru December, at the Clinchfield Senior Adult Center on the first Monday of each month at 6 PM except if a holiday. We each contribute to a buffet and have fun sharing our heritage and history of Erwin and its people. Our next big annual SHOW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 30, OCTOBER 1, AND OCTOBER 2, 2021.
Come join us! To become a member of our club just come to the meeting or send $10 to our Treasurer, Erwin National Blue Ridge Pottery Club, 404 Rock Creek Road, Erwin, TN 37650.
BLUE RIDGE POTTERY ROOM
New member, Rita Whisnant, Morganton, NC
Dianne Banks, Club Treasurer
529 Federal Hatchery Road, Erwin, TN 37650
at the Bramble - October 4th
Southern Potteries, Inc. makers of Blue Ridge Pottery
1917 - 2017